- 1 lb whole wheat fusilli pasta
- 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- 5-6 oz baby arugula (5-6 packed cups)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/3 cup pitted and thinly sliced kalamata olives (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook the pasta until al dente (as directed on the box).
- Before draining, reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Drain the pasta and place back in the pot.
- Add in the goat cheese, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper flakes, and black pepper, along with 1/3 cup of the reserved pasta water. Toss until evenly coated.
- Add in the arugula, tomatoes, and olives (if using) and toss to combine. Add in more pasta water as needed until creamy.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary.
- Serve immediately.
Variations & Notes:
- Try swapping out the arugula with spinach (place the spinach in a colander and pour the hot pasta water over to wilt).
- You can also replace the goat cheese with parmesan.
If You Loved This Recipe, You Might Also Enjoy ...
Did You Make This Recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below...