- 4 cups young arugula leaves, rinsed and dried
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, pine nuts, or pepitas (toasted)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese or feta
- 1 large avocado – peeled, pitted and chopped
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice OR lime juice (approx 1/2 a lemon or lime)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Toast the nuts for 5-6 minutes in a small pan over medium heat or in a 350 degree oven.
- Stir the oil and lemon / lime juice into a small container.
- Add salt to taste.
- Toss the dressing with the arugula, tomatoes, and nuts in a large bowl.
- Place salad on plates and top with Parmesan cheese and avocado.
Variations & Notes:
- Try replacing the cherry tomatoes with dried cranberries.