- 2 cups brown rice
- 2 1/2 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 cans black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 10-oz can diced tomatoes with green chiles (like Rotel)
- 1 large cup frozen corn
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat the Instant Pot* on the saute setting.
- Add the olive oil and warm.
- Add the brown rice and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the water / broth and turn off the saute setting by pressing “Cancel”. Put the lid on the Instant Pot and press “Manual”.
- Cook for 24 minutes.
- Let the pressure / steam naturally dissipate for 10 minutes.
- Release the rest of the pressure and remove the lid.
- Add in the tomatoes, corn, seasonings.
Or, cook the rice over the stove. Here are directions.
Variations & Notes:
- It’s also great if you saute a chopped onion in the olive oil for 5-7 minutes before adding the rice, and then add 2 cloves of minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds, before adding the rice.
- Try adding 1/4-1/2 cayenne pepper for a little spice.
- If you are doubling this recipe, use 4 cups of rice, 5 cups of water or broth, and pressure cook for 26 minutes.
If You Loved This Recipe, You Might Also Enjoy ...
Did You Make This Recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below...