- 5 oz arugula
- 3/4 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 batch of whole wheat pizza dough
- 5 oz goat cheese, chilled (you can buy crumbles)
- 1/2 lb butternut squash
- garnishes: arugula, red pepper flakes (optional)
- Combine the arugula, pepitas, permesan, garlic, lemon juice and salt.
- Pulse while drizzling the olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the pizza dough and the arugula pesto as directed.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees with a pizza stone in the oven.
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel the butternut squash’s skin. Peel long ribbons of squash — enough to generously top the pizza. Toss with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roll the dough out as thin as possible and create a rim all the way around. Place on parchment paper or a silmat.
- Spread the pesto over the dough.
- Crumble half of the goat cheese using a fork, if needed.
- Arrange the butternut squash over the pizza (see photo).
- Top the pizza with pepitas (optional).
- Transfer to the oven with a pizza peel.
- Bake for approx. 5 minutes. Remove the parchment paper or silmat after 3 minutes.
- Top with fresh arugula and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Slice and serve.
Variations & Notes:
- You can use regular pesto instead of the arugula pesto.
If You Loved This Recipe, You Might Also Enjoy ...
Did You Make This Recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below...