- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups diced peeled butternut squash (1/2-inch dice)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot (such as a dutch oven) heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook for about 6 minutes, or until tender and starting to brown.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add squash and stir.
- Add 1/2 cup broth and simmer over medium heat until liquid is absorbed and squash is barely tender.
- While it is simmering, bring the remaining broth to a boil in a pot.
- Add orzo and cook for about 8 minutes, until cooked al dente.
- Drain any excess liquid.
- Combine squash mixture with orzo and heat together for a few minutes, until the squash is tender.
- Toss with basil and cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
If You Loved This Recipe, You Might Also Enjoy ...
Did You Make This Recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below...