- 4 tbs olive oil
- 2 16-oz packages of extra firm tofu, drained
- 3 tbs pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 – 2 tbs Frank’s Hot Sauce (to taste)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 mango, diced
- 2 tbs red onion, diced
- 1 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
Chipotle Sour Cream:
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1/2-1 chipotle in adobe sauce
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-2 wedges of lime juice
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2-3 wedges of lime to sprinkle over tacos (optional)
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and add oil.
- Add tofu and crumble as you are adding it to the skillet.
- Cook until lightly browned.
- Stir in the maple syrup, sriracha or hot sauce, smoked paprika, chipotle, and salt.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Stir all ingredients together in a bowl.
Chipotle Sour Cream:
- Combine all ingredients in a high-powered blender (such as a Vitamix) and blend until smooth. I recommend starting with 1/2 a chipotle pepper, blending, tasting, then adding more, if desired.
- Taste and add more salt as desired.
- Remove the seed and skin from the avocados.
- Add to a bowl, along with lime juice and salt.
- Stir and add more salt / lime juice to taste.
Bringing it All Together:
- Heat the corn tortillas in a skillet or a panini maker until soft and hot.
- Place a tortilla on a plate and top with tofu, mango salsa and guacamole.
- Place some of the chipotle sour cream in a Ziploc sandwich bag, cut the tip of a corner off, and push the cream through the hole to drizzle over the tacos rather than spooning onto the tacos.
- Sprinkle with the lime wedges / juice and serve.
Variations & Notes:
- Fresh mangoes are best in the salsa, however, Costco has a good mango salsa which can be used if you can’t find fresh mangoes. Costco also sells frozen organic mango, which could be used instead of fresh.
If You Loved This Recipe, You Might Also Enjoy ...
Did You Make This Recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below...