- 2 cups brown basmati rice or brown rice, uncooked
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (plus more to taste)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Add the rice, water and salt to a pot, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer on low for 35 minutes.
- Uncover the pot, and add the corn kernels right on top, and recover immediately (no stirring necessary).
- Cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Add the cilantro and lime juice, and stir to combine.
- Taste, and add more salt, if desired.
- Serve immediately.