- 1 can lite coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 3 tbs Bragg’s liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 4 tsp lime juice
- 1/2-1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 cups cauliflower florets, cut into bite size pieces
- 3 cups green beans, cut into bite size pieces
- 3 tbs sesame oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 pkg / 14 oz of extra firm tofu, pressed & cut into small bite size pieces
- 2 tbs grape seed oil
- 1 tsp seasoning (such as garlic powder, curry powder, chili powder; optional)
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Place all ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake until blended.
- Store in the fridge or freeze, if not using right away
- Heat a cast iron skillet and add sesame oil.
- Cook vegetables for approx. 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss tofu with seasoning.
- Add grape seed oil to the heated cast iron skillet.
- Add tofu to the pan in one layer and cook for 3 minutes.
- Turn tofu and cook another 3 minutes, or until tofu has a slight crust on each side and has begun to brown.
- Transfer skillet to oven to bake for approx. 15 minutes (or until the tofu is firm and has begun to dry out and become crispy). The longer it bakes, the firmer it becomes.
- Add rice and water to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the rice sit for 15 minutes, covered.
- Stir in salt.
- Toast the cashews in a small pan, over medium heat, for 5-6 minutes.
- Chop the cilantro.
Bringing it Together:
- Add the tofu, vegetables, and sauce to the skillet and warm.
- Let sit for a few minutes to develop the flavor.
- Add 1/2 cup of rice to a plate.
- Top with the stir-fry mixture.
- Spoon a couple of teaspoons of sauce over the stir-fry.
- Garnish with toasted cashews and cilantro.
Variations & Notes:
- To save time, use frozen vegetables.
- Double the sauce recipe and freeze 1/2.
- Try serving over brown rice noodles, instead of rice.
If You Loved This Recipe, You Might Also Enjoy ...
Did You Make This Recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below...