- 3/4 cup almonds, sliced and toasted
- 1 pound spinach, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup dried cranberries (soaked in apple juice, not sugar, if available)
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbs toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbs poppy seeds
- 1 tbs honey
- 2 tsp minced red onion
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- In a saucepan, lightly toast the almonds for 5-6 minutes.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Toss the dressing with the spinach, just before serving.
- Place spinach on 4 plates and top with the toasted almonds, cranberries, and blue cheese.
Variations & Notes:
- You can also use pine nuts instead of almonds (cook for 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven).
If You Loved This Recipe, You Might Also Enjoy ...
Did You Make This Recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below...