- 1 cup raw cashews
- 5 cups water
- 6 chai tea bags (Tazo organic chai is great)
- 1/4 cup honey, maple syrup, or 8-10 pitted dates
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamon or cloves
- 4 twists freshly ground black pepper
- fine sea salt
- In a medium saucepan, bring 5 cups of the water to a simmer over high heat. Remove the pot from the heat and add the chai tea bags. Let steep for 4 minutes. Discard the bags.
- Meanwhile, place cashews, sweetener, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cardamom (or cloves), black pepper, and a dash of salt in a high-powered blender (such as a Vitamix).
- Add in the tea and blend on high until mixture is completely creamy.
- Serve hot.
Variations & Notes:
- For a spicier chai, add up to an additional 1/2 tsp cinnamon and /4 tsp ginger.
- Store leftover chai in a mason jar for up to 4 days.
If You Loved This Recipe, You Might Also Enjoy ...
Did You Make This Recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below...