- 2 medium eggplants (approx. 1 1/2 pounds)
- Salt & freshly milled pepper
- Olive Oil
- 3 cups of marinara sauce
- 10-14 large basil leaves
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- 1 lb whole wheat spaghetti
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Slice the eggplant into rounds about 1/3″ thick. Unless the eggplant is garden fresh, sprinkle it with salt and let stand for 30 minutes to an hour, then blot dry.
- Preheat the broiler. Brush both sides of each round with olive oil and broil 5-6 inches from the heat until browned. Broil the second side until browned, then remove and season lightly with salt and pepper. Don’t worry if the eggplant has a dry appearance.
- Spread about a third of the marinara sauce over the bottom of the dish, then make an overlapping layer of eggplant.
- Lay the mozzarella over the top, add a piece of fresh basil onto each eggplant slice. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Add the rest of the eggplants and cover it with the remaining sauce.
- Bake in the middle of the oven until bubbling and hot throughout, approx. 30 minutes.
- Boil water, add salt, and add 1/2-1 lb of spaghetti.
- Add minced fresh garlic, a dab of olive oil, salt, pepper, and a little Parmesan to the pasta and serve with the eggplant Parmesan.
If You Loved This Recipe, You Might Also Enjoy ...
Did You Make This Recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below...