- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained, divided
- ½ red onion or 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, quartered
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- ½ cup packed fresh Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup garbanzo flour (or other flour of choice)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 mini buns or 4 regular buns (we use prezel buns), toasted with a little olive oil under the broiler for 2-3 minutes
- ¼ cup chickpeas, reserved from sliders
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1/3 cup packed fresh Italian parsley
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup water
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
To make the Falafel Burgers:
- Reserve ¼ cup chickpeas for the Avocado Hummus. Place remaining chickpeas, onions, garlic, tomatoes, parsley, cumin, coriander, salt, and flour in a food processor and pulse until combined, stopping frequently to scrape down sides.
- Place in a bowl in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour (makes it easier to form the patties).
- Using the palms of your hands, form mixture into 2-inch by ½-inch patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet or cast iron pan, heat oil over medium heat and pan-fry patties in batches, letting cook about 3 to 5 minutes on each side, until nicely browned. Do not crowd the pan. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
To make the Avocado Hummus:
- Combine ¼ cup chickpeas, avocado, parsley, oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and cayenne in food processor and puree.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
To make the Tahini Sauce:
- Puree tahini, water, garlic, lemon juice, and salt until smooth.
Layer the Falafel Burgers, Avocado Hummus, Tahini Sauce on the buns.
Variations & Notes:
This recipe is adapted from Chloe Coscarelli’s “Chloe’s Kitchen” cookbook recipe. This cookbook is filled with incredible tasting healthy recipes.
Make-Ahead Tip: The burgers and sauces can be prepped in advance and kept refrigerated for 1 day.
If You Loved This Recipe, You Might Also Enjoy ...
Did You Make This Recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below...