- 2 cups black beans + rice + corn
- 4 large handfuls of arugula
- 1 lg sweet potato, peeled, cubed
- 3-4 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs lime juice (1 lime)
- 4 large flour or corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese or mexican cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup chipotle sour cream
- 2 lg avocados
- Prepare the black beans + rice + corn recipe.
- Make the chipotle sour cream.
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss the sweet potatoes with 2 tbs olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway, until cooked through and carmelized.
- Combine the arugula, 1 tbs lime juice, 1 1/2-2 tbs olive oil, and a pinch of salt. Toss in the cooked sweet potatoes.
- Add the avocado, 1 tbs lime juice, and 1/4 tsp salt to a bowl and mash / stir.
- Heat a panini maker (or skillet on stove) and cook cheese quesadilas (2 tortillas with 2 tbs cheese each) until the cheese has melted and the tortillas are crispy and slightly browned. Cut into quarters.
- In a large bowl, add the black beans + rice + corn, arugula salad, guacamole (as pictured above).
- Drizzle the chipotle sour cream over the beans and rice.
- Serve with a cheese quesadilla wedge.
Variations & Notes:
- To make it gluten free, use corn tortillas.
If You Loved This Recipe, You Might Also Enjoy ...
Did You Make This Recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below...