- 3 tbs olive oil*
- 2 cups onion, diced
- 2 tbs garlic, minced
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 24 oz baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups carrots, diced
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 1 cup pearl barley (brown rice will work too)
- 4 tbs tahini
- 1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 1/2 – 3 tsp kosher salt (taste to determine)
- Saute the onion and garlic in olive oil for 5-7 minutes.*
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, cover the pot and lower to a simmer for 1 hour.
Variations & Notes:
* You can skip this step and just add all ingredients to the pot instead (minus the olive oil).
Instant Pot Version:
Cook the barley first, then add everything to your instant pot and cook for 3 minutes.
If You Loved This Recipe, You Might Also Enjoy ...
Did You Make This Recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below...