Sun-Dried Tomato Cashew Cream:
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbs water
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lb dry pasta (fusilli, penne, farfalle, etc.)
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 2/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained & chopped
- 3/4 cup packed fresh basil, chopped
- zest of 1 lemon (approx. 1 tbs)
- 1-2 tsp white wine vinegar (optional)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into thirds
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper
- parmesan cheese (for garnish)
Sun-Dried Cashew Cream:
- Place all ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- If the sauce is too thick, add a splash of additional water.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta as directed.
- Place the spinach in a large colander in the sink.
- Slowly pour the pasta over the spinach in the colander to wilt the spinach.
- Return the pasta and spinach to the pot and set over low-medium heat.
- Add in the sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and sun-dried cashew cream.
- Stir in the lemon zest and vinegar (if using) and season with red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately as the sauce will thicken quickly.
If You Loved This Recipe, You Might Also Enjoy ...
Did You Make This Recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below...