- 1 lb of whole wheat fusilli pasta
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli or cauliflower florets
- 1 tbs dried basil
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta as directed.
- 4-5 minutes before the pasta is done, add the broccoli or cauliflower to a steamer over the boiling pasta and steam for 4-5 minutes (4 for the broccoli, 5 for the cauliflower).
- Drain the pasta and broccoli / cauliflower and return to the hot pot.
- Stir in the tomatoes, basil, salt, pepper, and cheese until the cheese is melted.
- Add more basil, salt or pepper if needed.
- Serve immediately.
If You Loved This Recipe, You Might Also Enjoy ...
Did You Make This Recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below...