- 1 lb homemade whole wheat fettuccine / box of whole wheat fettuccine
- 1 cup of homemade pesto or high-quality store bought pesto (Costco has great pesto)
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- salt & pepper as needed
- Cook the pasta as directed in boiling water with 1-2 tsp of salt.
- In a high-powered blender, make the cashew cream by blending the cashews and water until thoroughly creamy and blended.
- In a medium saucepan, stir in the pesto and cashew cream. Heat over low-medium heat. Don’t let it come to a boil.
- Save 1/4-1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pesto cream sauce and stir until well blended.
- Stir in the tomatoes.
- Place on four plates and top with parmesan and freshly ground pepper (can also add salt, if needed, but the pesto is typically very salty).
Variations & Notes:
- If serving meat eaters, try adding 1 cup of shredded rotisserie chicken.
- Try with linguine, pesto cream, goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts.
- When draining the pasta, place 3 heaping handfuls of spinach in the colander. Drain the hot water / pasta over the spinach and let sit for one minute, until the spinach wilts. Stir in 1/3 cup of chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
If You Loved This Recipe, You Might Also Enjoy ...
Did You Make This Recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below...