- 1 lb whole grain pasta (fusilli, farfalle, penne, elbow)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 3 handfuls of arugula or spinach
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, thinly sliced
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup pesto (homemade or high quality store-bought such as Costco’s)
- freshly ground pepper
- Cook the pasta as directed and save 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Place the pasta back in the pot.
- Stir in the pesto and stir until the pasta is evenly coated. Add in the pasta water as needed.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, arugula, olives, and chickpeas.
- Toss again and season with pepper.
- If the pasta needs more flavor, try adding a little salt or fresh lemon juice.
If You Loved This Recipe, You Might Also Enjoy ...
Did You Make This Recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below...