- 2T garlic
- 1/4c pine nuts
- 2c fresh basil
- 1/2c olive oil
- 1/4c parmesan
- Salt + pepper (as needed)
- 1/2c chopped tomatoes (cherry or Roma)
- Parmesan for topping
- Bring a pot of water with 1T salt to boil and cook farfalle pasta as directed. Keep 1/2c of the pasta water and set aside before draining.
- To make pesto, pulse garlic in a blender or food processor to mince. Add remaining ingredients, except oil & cheese, and pulse until well combined. Slowly add in oil and blend. Transfer to bowl and stir in cheese. Add salt + pepper .
- Combine the pesto, pasta, and water.
- Add to bowls and stir in tomatoes, parmesan, and salt & freshly ground pepper.
Variations & Notes:
- To add some greens… place 5 ounces of baby spinach in the pasta colander and pour the boiling pasta water over the spinach to wilt it when draining the pasta. Add the spinach and pasta back to the pot, stir in the pesto and tomatoes. Stir and warm over low heat for a minute or so. Serve immediately.