This photo doesn’t do this meal justice by any means. While the burritos look a bit homely, I promise, they taste amazing!
Cashew Cheese Sauce:
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups sweet onion, diced
- 3/4 cup celery, diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets, diced
- 4 tbs sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- sea salt and pepper
- 4 whole wheat flour tortillas or large lettuce leaves
Cashew Cheese Sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a high-powered blender, such as a Vitamix.
- The sauce should be very thick.
- Cook the quinoa as directed.
- In a large skillet or pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute for approximately 5 minutes, until the onion is translucent. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the celery, broccoli, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Saute over medium-high heat until the broccoli is tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked quinoa and cheese sauce.
- Add red pepper flakes. Cook until heated through — approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Heat the tortillas in a skillet or using a panini maker (30-45 seconds).
- Spoon the mixture onto each tortilla, wrap, and serve.
Variations & Notes:
- Use large lettuce leaves, instead of tortillas, to make these gluten-free.
If You Loved This Recipe, You Might Also Enjoy ...
Did You Make This Recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below...