- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 lg head of cauliflower (approx 2 lbs), cut into bite size pieces*
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 medium bunch of lacinato kale (approx 8 oz), washed & cut into bite-size ribbons
- 1/2 lb (8 oz) fresh whole wheat eggless spaghetti or an 8 oz box of whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- red pepper flakes
- sea salt & black pepper
* To save time, try using a 2 pound bag of cauliflower pearls.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees with racks in the middle and upper third of the oven.
- Add the almonds onto a large baking sheet in a single layer.
- On another baking sheet, add the cauliflower and toss with 2 tbs of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Toast the almonds on the top rack for 5-6 minutes (start watching after 4). Remove from pan and set aside in a small bowl.
- Bake the cauliflower on the middle rack for 25-30 minutes, tossing half-way through. Watch closely after 20 minutes.
- In the same pan you used for the almonds, toss the kale with 1 tbs of olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake on the top rack for approx. 8-10 minutes, tossing halfway (watch closely as I burnt the first round after 8 minutes), until the edges turn darker and become crisp.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the spaghetti as directed and reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Return the pasta to the pot and add in 1 tbs olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic. Drizzle the pasta with 1/4 cup of the pasta water and add the parmesan on top. Toss to combine and add more water until a light sauce is formed. Taste and add more garlic, if desired.
- Add the cauliflower, kale, and almonds. Toss and season with salt (be careful not to over salt), red pepper flakes, and black pepper.
- Place the pasta in bowls and garnish with parmesan.
If You Loved This Recipe, You Might Also Enjoy ...
Did You Make This Recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below...