- 1 small jalapeno
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 white onion
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup lime juice (approx. 2 limes)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 4-oz can mild diced green chilies
- Turn the broiler on high and position a rack near the top of the oven.
- Place the jalapeno on a bare baking sheet and cook for 5-10 minutes, flipping halfway, until the skin is blackened.
- Wrap loosely in foil to steam for a few minutes.
- Once jalapeno has cooled slightly, unwrap from foil and carefully peel off charred skin. Slice in half and remove stems / seeds.
- Place the jalapeno, garlic, onion, avocado, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper, and diced green chilies into a food processor.
- Blend until well combined.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed (add more salt for flavor, lime for acidity, and garlic for zip).
If You Loved This Recipe, You Might Also Enjoy ...
Did You Make This Recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below...