- 2 large, ripe tomatoes
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 15 oz organic tomato sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 tbs white wine
- 1 tsp salt & 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 lb whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 large handful fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Cook pasta in salted water as directed on box. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water before draining the pasta.
- Core the tomatoes, then roughly chop them. Add them to your blender, seeds, skin and all. Add cashews, tomato sauce, garlic, salt, and wine.
- Blend until very smooth.
- Add the sauce to a sauce pan and warm / simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add sauce to the pasta with black pepper, sauce, and freshly chopped basil leaves. Toss to coat.
- Add in some of the reserved pasta water, if too thick.
- Serve immediately, garnishing with more pepper and basil.