- 1 14-oz can vegetarian refried beans
- 1 pkg Smart Ground Meatless Mexican Crumbles (available at Whole Foods)
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 tbs lime or lemon juice, divided
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 batch of baked seasoned tortilla chips OR 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 medium-large ripe avocados
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add the refried beans and mexican crumbles to a pot and heat over low heat until warmed.
- Toss the arugula with 1 tbs lime / lemon juice, olive oil, and a pinch of salt (to taste).
- If using tortillas, brush a light layer of olive oil on either side and season with salt, cook until golden and crisp using a panini maker or skillet and crumble into bite-size pieces.
- For the guacamole, add the avocados, 1 tbs lime juice, and salt to a bowl. Stir well (using a fork to mash the avocado).
- To assemble, place the tortillas on the bottom of 4 bowls. Add a layer of the bean / mexican crumble mixture. Top with cheese, if using. Add the arugula salad and then the tomato slices. Top with the guacamole and enjoy!
If You Loved This Recipe, You Might Also Enjoy ...
Did You Make This Recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below...