- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt and ground pepper
- 4-5 cups of spinach or mixed greens
- 1 red apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 3-4 oz goat cheese, cut into small bite-size pieces
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk together until well mixed.
- Toast the walnuts in a dry saucepan for 5-6 minutes on low-medium heat, until fragrant.
- Remove from the heat and toss with maple syrup.
- Toss the spinach or lettuce with the dressing and divide evenly onto plates.
- Add apple slices, red onions, walnuts, and goat cheese.