- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped yellow onion (1 lg onion or 2 small onions)
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1 cup good red wine
- 2 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 28oz can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon of basil (dried)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt (may need more to taste)
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large (12-inch) skillet.
- Add the onion and saute over medium heat until translucent, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the wine and cook on high heat, scraping the brown bits in the pan, until almost all the liquid evaporates, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, parsley, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Cover, and simmer on the lowest heat for 30 minutes.