Makes: 1 Loaf
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbs ground flax seeds + 6 tbs water whisked together)
- 1 cup ripe mashed bananas (about 2 ½ medium or 2 large bananas)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, plus more to swirl on top
- 1 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup mix-ins like toasted chopped walnuts or pecans, chocolate chips, raisins, chopped dried fruit, fresh banana slices…
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit 9″ × 5″ loaf pan.
- In a large bowl or KitchenAid mixer bowl, beat the oil and honey together together with a whisk.
- Add the flax eggs and beat well, then whisk in the mashed bananas and milk.
- Add the baking soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon, and whisk to blend.
- Stir in the flour, just until combined. Some lumps are ok.
- If you’re adding any additional mix-ins, gently fold them in.
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. If you’d like a pretty swirled effect, run the tip of a knife across the batter in a zig-zag pattern.
- Bake for 65-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (if there are no mix-ins, the bread may be done at 55-60 minutes).
- Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes before slicing.
If You Loved This Recipe, You Might Also Enjoy ...
Did You Make This Recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below...