Serves: 1-2 (1/2 lb.)
- 125 grams of white whole wheat flour (King Arthur brand)
- 125 grams of semolina flour (Bob’s Mill brand)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 90 ml water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Place the whole wheat and semolina flour and salt in a bowl and mix together.
- Pour into the Philips Pasta Maker.
- Turn on the machine and set it to the 1/2 lb setting (10 minutes).
- Once the machine starts operating, slowly pour in the water and olive oil.
- The pasta will start to extrude in 3 minutes.
- Use the cutting tool to cut the pasta as it extrudes and place onto a drying rack (or in bowl).
- Bring a pot of salted water to a bowl and cook the pasta for approx. 5-6 minutes, or until al dente.
Variations & Notes:
- 1 tbs ground flaxseed can be added to the water mixture.
- If doubling the recipe, still use the 1/2 lb setting (10 minutes).
- If you want chewier noodles, stop the machine after 3 minutes (when mixing ends), wait 30 minutes, then start a new cycle. This means that the dough is mixed 6 minutes in total and has 30 minutes to fully develop the texture.
- To make ramen (250g), add 1/4 tea spoon liquid kansui (or 2 tsp baking soda per 1 quart of the boiling pasta water) and substitute 25g of flour with tapioca flour.
If You Loved This Recipe, You Might Also Enjoy ...
Did You Make This Recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below...