- 1 tbs avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbs fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tbs curry powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup red lentils, uncooked, rinsed & drained
- 1 medium cauliflower, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled & diced
- 2 large handfuls kale, rinsed, dried & chopped
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- chopped fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute for 5-6 minutes, until the onion is translucent.
- Stir in the ginger, curry powder, coriander, and cumin and saute for 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the broth and red lentils and stir. Bring the soup to a low boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cauliflower and sweet potato. Cover and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer for 20 minutes, until the cauliflower and potato are tender.
- Add in the salt, pepper and more curry powder, to taste. Stir in the kale and cook 1-2 minutes more.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with cilantro, if desired.
If You Loved This Recipe, You Might Also Enjoy ...
Did You Make This Recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below...