- 1 pound shiitake mushrooms, trimmed & sliced (approx. 1/4″ thick)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 ounces soft tofu
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tsp sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Pasta + Toppings:
- 1 pound spaghetti, linguine or fettuccine
- fresh Italian parsley, chopped, for garnish
- vegan parmesan or regular parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss the mushrooms on a large rimmed baking sheet with oil, sat, and pepper.
- Bake for approx. 30 minutes, turning frequently, until lightly browned and crisp.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook approx. 5 minutes, until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook a few more minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and add tofu, water, lemon juice, and salt.
- Process on high until very smooth (approx. 2 minutes)
Pasta + Toppings = Bringing it All Together:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook according to package directions.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pot.
- Add the sauce and stir to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Let sit for a couple of minutes. Add in pasta water if the pasta is a little dry.
- Top with shiitake bacon, parsley, and parmesan cheese.
If You Loved This Recipe, You Might Also Enjoy ...
Did You Make This Recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below...