- 1 lb carrots, cut into coins or sticks
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbs parsley, dill or basil
- salt & pepper
- Combine the carrots with the olive oil in a small saucepan.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add 1/3 cup water or white wine or veggie broth.
- Bring to a boil, cover and turn the heat to low so the carrots simmer.
- Simmer for 10-20 minutes (or until the carrots are tender and the liquid is nearly gone).
- Uncover and boil off the remaining liquid.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Stir in the herbs.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
Variations & Notes:
Balsamic-glazed Carrots with Garlic:
Use balsamic vinegar in place of the water and add 5-10 whole garlic cloves along with the carrots. Proceed with the recipe and add water if the mixture dries out before the carrots are done.
Maple-glazed Carrots with Pecans:
Add 3 tbs. maple syrup and 2 tbs water to the mixture in step 1. Add up to 1 cup chopped and toasted pecans.
Orange and Ginger Carrots:
Add 1 tbs of freshly minced ginger to the initial mix. Use freshly squeezed orange juice in place of water. Garnish with 1-2 tsp. of grated orange and / or lemon zest.
If You Loved This Recipe, You Might Also Enjoy ...
Did You Make This Recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below...