Serves: 2 as a Main Meal or 4 as a Side Dish
- 2 tbs Pesto (homemade or good quality store bought)
- 10-12 asparagus spears
- 1 large handful of spinach
- 4-5 roasted peppers, chopped into 1/4 to 1/2″ pieces
- 1 cup chopped artichoke hearts
- 12 oz of Quinoa (I used Ancient Harvest’s Organic Traditional Quinoa)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the quinoa as directed (I used a rice cooker / steamer and it turned out great).
- Add the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice to a small bowl and baste the asparagus spears with the marinade.
- Cook the asparagus for 15 minutes.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, stir in the pesto.
- Add the peppers, artichoke hearts, and spinach and stir gently – until the spinach is wilted.
- Place the quinoa in a bowl and cover with the asparagus spears. Drizzle the remaining olive oil / lemon marinade over the asparagus and quinoa.
- Add salt & pepper as needed.
If You Loved This Recipe, You Might Also Enjoy ...
Did You Make This Recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below...