- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tbs pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, rinsed & stems removed
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 5 oz. mixed greens
- 2 ripe pears, cored & chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2/3 cup walnuts, toasted
- Combine all ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake vigorously.
- Combine the mushrooms, onions, and a half of the balsamic vinaigrette in a gallon size Ziploc bag.
- Marinate for 20-30 minutes, turning every 5-10 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook the mushrooms and onion for 3-5 minutes per side.
- Remove from the pan and slice, once cooled.
- For each salad, place a few handfuls of mixed greens in a bowl and top with the pears, avocado, walnuts and mushroom / onions.
- Drizzle the salad with some of the remaining vinaigrette and serve.
If You Loved This Recipe, You Might Also Enjoy ...
Did You Make This Recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below...