Spicy Black Bean Soup:
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 15-oz cans of black beans, drained & rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbs fresh lime juice
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- chipotle sour cream
- diced avocado
- crumbled tortilla chips
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions, celery, carrot, and a sprinkle of salt.
- Cook approx. 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, cumin and red pepper flakes. Cook until fragrant (approx. 30 seconds).
- Add in the beans and broth, and bring to a simmer.
- Cook on a gentle simmer (reduce heat if needed) for 30 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to blend approx. 4 cups of the soup.
- Add in the cilantro and lime juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with topping and serve hot.
If You Loved This Recipe, You Might Also Enjoy ...
Did You Make This Recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below...