Serves: 12 (half recipe to make 6 burritos)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups canned organic black or pinto beans, drained
- approximately 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste (optional)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes (seasoned with salt & pepper)
- 12 (10 inch) whole-wheat flour tortillas, warmed
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring water to a boil and cook the sweet potatoes until soft.
- Add salt & pepper and mash.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet, and saute onion and garlic until soft. Stir in beans, and mash. Gradually stir in water, and heat until warm.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the chili powder, cumin, mustard, cayenne pepper and soy sauce. Add into a blender and blend until mixed well.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add the bean and potato mixture to the flour tortillas. Top with cheese.
- Fold up tortillas burrito style, and place on a baking sheet.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven, and serve.
Variations & Notes:
- Serve with guacamole / avocado slices and salsa or pico de gallo.
- Freeze very well.
If You Loved This Recipe, You Might Also Enjoy ...
Did You Make This Recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below...